cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to wrong number even though number dialled is correct

jock_183
Joining in

I have seen that others are experiencing a similar problem. I am dialling a Virgin landline from a Virgin mobile and sometimes get an answer from a completely unknown recipient, sometimes can get no answer from the person called. Yesterday, my intended call rang at the correct place and the person at the other end was hearing a conversation with a third party, completely different to the call I was hearing. This is truly messed up. The number I am dialling is set up on speed dial and works often enough to know it is correct, so I cannot be mis-dialling. The problem is happening often enough to warrant serious investigation. I am sufficiently worried to stop using the mobile to phone this number and use my own landline instead since I cannot guarantee who is being connected in. Can anyone say how to report this to Virgin Mobile? I can find no options for this sort of problem within the Virgin Media website.

63 REPLIES 63

mildenhall
Rising star

OK I've left it a few weeks and part of the problem is still not solved. 😞

(1) I no longer get people expecting a GP surgery when I answer the phone to a call from my wife!
(2) I now get silent calls when I answer inward calls to my landline. The person calling has to remake the call in order to get through.

VM - how can we sort this please?

I was the caller on a silent call at 14:24 on 8th May 2023. The recipient is on a VM business line. They received a silent call. Neither of us could hear each other. I did not hear the ringing tone, it connected instantaneously. I redialled and the call went through properly. Sounds similar to Mildenhall. I can supply the recipient's number by DM if needed.

mildenhall
Rising star

Just to update the thread. I am no longer getting calls to GP surgeries, BUT I am now getting calls to a WhatsApp mailbox!!?? VM have now suggested that I change my VM hub. If the solution is that easy then that'll be great. I'll update this thread once I've received the new hub.

mildenhall
Rising star

Problem solved : Upgrade to a Superhub v5 plus (I think) some fiddling in the back office and VM local HQ. I have not had a single misdirected call since the upgrade.