Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Confused about purchasing an extra PAYG SIM

I am confused about buying an additional PAYG SIM. I have a mobile account already on which I purchased a PAYG SIM for my eldest daughter a few years ago. I now wish to but a PAYG SIM for my younger daughter on my account. 

I tried to buy it on the Family package last week and this week to take advantage of the reduction in costs and the other benefits (we have landline and Broadband with Virgin). Each time I tried a message came up saying that I needed to check back later as staff were busy. I would prefer this option as I was planning to move from my existing PAYG provider to Virgin but cannot see how I can do this.

As I need a SIM as a matter of urgency I tried to purchase the SIM outside of the family package. All seemed straightforward until I got to what looked like the penultimate page of the purchase, on which it looked like I would be replacing my eldest daughter's existing SIM, which I obviously do not want to do. I then read about adding other numbers to the account, but I can't ad a number when I haven't purchased a SIM and  an reluctant to purchase one if doing so cancels my eldest daughter's existing SIM.

I hope all this makes sense as it is very convoluted. I need an idiot's guide to how to purchase a SIM on my account, without causing problems for existing SIMS. If anyone can help I would be very grateful.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Confused about purchasing an extra PAYG SIM

Simple answer. Virgin have stopped selling new PAYG a year ago. Only SIM only contracts available

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Confused about purchasing an extra PAYG SIM

Hi Tina10, thanks for the message and sorry for the delayed reply. Enlli is correct in what he is saying, we no longer offer PAYG sims as these are being phased out. We are no longer offering PAYG accounts and current ones will be phased out eventually - Chris

0 Kudos