Menu
Daryltaylor585
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Completely Miss Sold Contract

So, this morning I received a very lovely looking booklet from Virgin Media highlighting all the latest offers for Mobiles.

Intrigued by this and not being satisfied by my current provider(Three) I called the number listed.

What followed was an hour and half call to the sales team (I forget the agents name).

First I was asked if I was happy with my TV and if I wanted any more channels, to which I said NO. I was then asked if I was happy with my broadband  speed to which I said I was. Finally we got to talking of an Oomph SIM card to be added to my account with unlimited data, text and calls. BUT the agent had an offer, first of all she returned after putting me on hold and came back with this 200mb Broadband and the Sim for £89 per month. 

I replied that this was way too expensive, she then offered to look again and get a ‘big discount’ after another ten minutes returned with the same offer but this time for £65 per month. I was quite pleased with this so agreed to go ahead.

What followed was another wait for half an hour this time of complete silence.

The agent then returned....And told me that she had added all the channels with the ‘Maxit’ pack, 200mb broadband and the Oomph sim, to which  she said this is for £75 per month, I replied no the deal was for £65 per month.

She then back tracked and said yes £65 not £75.

The alarm bells now were ringing even more.

I didn’t want all the tv channels and didn’t want higher speed broadband. I just wanted a SIM and phone!

After what felt like an eternity. The call was finally ended.

Later on that day I received an email from Virgin to confirm all my changes...

My new month cost is £91!!

My next bill will be for £227 AND an activation charge of £65!!

None of this was mentioned and the monthly price completely not what I was told and agreed to.

unhappy, I rang back to vent my anger. That this is not only illegal that by rights I should be taking this further as all of the original phone calls were recorded. After being passed around, I was finally in contact with a capable agent, who looked into what had happened. This agent understood my problem and went about sorting, and told me she would get me back onto my original Tv, broadband package but with an added Sim but now just £46 per month all together!

I am yet to see any confirmation of this.

To say that I’m angry about this situation would be an understatement.

I will be looking after further options.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Completely Miss Sold Contract

Hi Daryltaylor585,

Thank you for your post, I am sorry to hear you have not had the best experience with us, and that you feel you have been missold, has your package been reverted back since your post?
thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Daryltaylor585
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zoie,

Well, I was back on the phone yesterday talking to a very helpful member of the team who told me they had reverted me back to my deal that I was on before but she had to speak to her manager to get the £65 credited to my account. However I then received an email to say about the changes but the monthly fee is wrong, it’s showing on there as £59 a month whereas I was on £33.

any help would be great.

regards

Daryl

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry to hear this was still not resolved, we cannot make package changes on here I'm afraid, have you raised a complaint regarding this?

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Daryltaylor585
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have not as yet, but I will be cancelling my direct debit until it’s corrected.

regards

Daryl

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I would advise that you do not cancel your direct debit as this may affect your credit score and can also cause your services to be restricted.

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Daryltaylor585
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I’m not paying for something which I didn’t agree to.

That is illegal.

You have the recordings of the conversations that took place over the phone.

Not only should the person who took the original call be highly reprimanded, what they’ve done is fraud. 

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry you feel this way, you would have received the contract and you can cancel them within the cooling-off period, which you have done, I can understand your frustration on this but you need to contact our team so they can sort this out for you 

thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos