Menu
Liamjc
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Complete horlicks - signed up for a virgin mobile contract.

On 05/05/2021 I signed up for a virgin mobile contract. I requested to keep my existing phone number.(virgin pay as you go customer for 15-20 years). I was assured of delivery within 24 hours. I stayed in for 3 days. No phone!  Rang the customer support service 789. Gave my password etc.

Ok, sorry but we didn't have your full delivery address. We'll try again. Another 24 hours. Contacted customer support again. "We don't understand, we're going to have an internal enquiry 3-5 working days." Great, waited 5 days rang customer services again.

In the meantime I received texts confirming the contract (phone and insurance) and details of my first payment (direct debit).

Still no phone, however on my old Nokia pay as you go I now had unlimited UK calls and texts as per contract. Great, rang customer services again. This time I was told that a delivery was attempted on 06/05???? They didn't have my delivery address? Really? Delivery of the handset was faithfully promised on 21/05

On 21/05 I received a text from virgin mobile that the insurance on the handset was cancelled (even though they had already take the first payment) and ever since my number has been blocked. I can't even call customer service to find out what is going on.

Virgin insurance sent me a letter on about 07/05 confirming the details of my contract so they knew my delivery address.

I don't wish to play hard done by here guys but I'm 68 years old and I have no telephonic contact with anybody.

HELP!!!

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complete horlicks - signed up for a virgin mobile contract.

Hi Liamjc,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry for the issues you've had with with your mobile number and the handset. 

I have been able to locate your account and so wish to assist further further. 

What I will do is private message you so we can pass some data protection. 

^Martin

0 Kudos