Menu
sasman40
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Complaints of muffled speech

Hello when people phone me and when i phone them people are complaining that my speech is muffled. I know its the handset as people can hear me clearly on my bluetooth head phones. I have re-started my phone several times and i dont like phoning virgin as you usually get through to some clueless idiot in the phillipines

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaints of muffled speech

Thanks for your post sasman40, and I'm sorry to hear of the handset issue that's effecting your quality of your calls.

We can assure you that all of our staff, either on the phone or on our Community Forums, are keen to assist customers where possible

Do please feel free to come back to us if there is an issue with the services provided to you by ourselves, our call our team on 0345 600 0789 / 789

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
JoeKing1VM
Superfast
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It sounds as if your mic is partly blocked. Depending on your phone the mic has a rubber hood that acts as a sound baffle, water seal, plus dust protection. Sometimes the rubber hood moves out of position and blocks the actual microphone. Other times it may just be dust over time built up blocking your mic.

Has your device been dropped at anytime?

Common practice is to use a thin needle to clear the path for mic also to reset the mic hood. Do not under this if your not confident or know the actual location of your mic.

Compressed air with short burst can also free up most dust, blockages.

You can search your device on  G or YT on ways of such practice.

Another thing that's overlooked are  covers, cases on device block or muffle the microphone audio. One removed audio fine.

I had this problem with my Honor 8 with a Honor 8 cover supplied by the manufacturer.

Is this a brand new device? If so you should return it.

Joe

Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi sasman40,

As an alternative to phonning, we do have online mobile diagnostics and phone warranty care options available here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-damaged-mobile-phone

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
sasman40
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have a samsung s20 and it doesnt have a hood?

I have no idea what you are talking about please advise

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying,

I don't believe they do and before you proceed to work on the phone to look for a microphone, can you confirm the phone is from Virgin?

If it is, can you proceed to the link from my previous post where it will take you to the phonefix tool where you phone can be service under warranty?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried making a voice recording to see how it sounds without going through the network  If that is OK then we need to look elsewhere.

However, debris in the small pin hole to the left of the charging socket is quire common.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
sasman40
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

no its not from virgin its from very.co.uk as your call plans are extortianate

0 Kudos