£0.00

25 Jun

09:55

Roaming call in Spain

Our team via 789

Not included

10:00

£0.00

Around twenty years ago I had a PAYG SIM with Virgin Mobile and since 25 March 2005 a pay monthly SIM. In May of this year I was asked by Virgin Mobile to get a new SIM as Virgin were switching suppliers. This I did via the web site and after a month of waiting I contacted the call centre 25th June 2020 one call for two minutes while waiting for the operator to “come back” the line went dead so started again a call lasting for 10 minutes to order the SIM card. All was well until I discovered a few seconds later the person at the call centre had turned off my SIM!

So as I could not contact the call centre by phone I resorted to online conversations.

Firstly with Emma _C who checked who I was by asking me details and letters of my password requested a SIM to be sent. I gave an address for it to be sent to and later checked the My Orders section to find that the flat number was omitted from the address – it is a huge building and a number is required. I had notification of my informing them of the incomplete address on the 27th June the reply was “That has been sent to that exact address, it will arrive in 3-5 days. Any issues please let me know”

I waited and again nothing so responded to Emma _C and my request was picked up by Ryan_N on the 20th July security checks done by him and he responded “I have just ordered a new SIM. I appreciate you probably have no faith that this will come to you, but please allow 3-5 days for it to arrive. I can assure you it has cone to flat 701.”

The SIM arrived on the 22nd August inserted it into the phone hoping the printed promises worked on the literature that accompanied it. SIM card tray inserted with SIM and “No Service” shown on the phone! No Pin asked for no unblocking code requested - nothing.

So I attempt to make contact with Ryan_N and and Emily_G wrote

“Thank you for the update, Ryan is out of office at the moment so I've taken over this for him.

If you've been through the tests and we've now tried an alternative SIM card I believe all we can offer following this would be one of the two free handsets we have for SIM migration issues (Mobiwire Oneida or Energizer E12) or we can cancel the SIM card free of charge and offer you a PAC code to take the number to another provider.

Please do let me know which you'd prefer. 

Thanks, Emily.”

No security checks done, I had not been through any tests (whatever they are) and why would I need one of two free handsets when all I want it the SIM I must have? I was asked for the IMEI  number Confused I responded

“Hi Emily 

the number IMEI is

35 xxxxxx XXXXXX 8

why were you offering "burner phones" in your last message and what were the tests we were supposed to have done? And when do I get reimbursed for the time since the call centre truned off my sim card?”

Emily wrote in response

“Thanks for confirming, so the new SIM card looks to need an unlock code for your handset to be able to accept this.

Using the IMEI I have searched the database and cannot find an unlock code for the handset, so the options we have for you would be to receive one of the free handsets I mentioned previously or alternatively we can cancel the SIM card.

It looks like you pay 6.14 monthly so the credit would be for 3.07 and I'll add that for you now. 

Thanks, Emily.”

It seems to me as if she is answering somebody else’s problem! No nearer to solving my issue. So I have had no service since 25th June but requested to keep the direct debit running.

Last chance and I need the area code to complete the Complaint form to go with the account number which works sometimes and others not.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint

Thanks for the post Pricolist1.

As we discussed in the private message, your current handset isn't working with the new SIM card but for this we're offering a free handset. 

If you do not want the free handset we can send a PAC code for you to take your number to another provider instead. 

Sorry you weren't happy with these options but if you decide which you'd prefer do let me know via private message and we'll put this through.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My current handset works as stated before it is the SIM doesn't as I said before. As I have had no service since your call centre cut me off in June I require a full refund of the amounts paid i.e 2 full months and the odd days into my bank account. 

It should be in the region of 15 pounds. Please respond

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi pricolist1,

Thanks for coming back to us. As Emily has stated if you would like to private message her to discuss how you would like to proceed we would be happy to discuss this matter further with you.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Jodi

I sent this

"Re: Complaint

My current handset works as stated before it is the SIM doesn't as I said before. As I have had no service since your call centre cut me off in June I require a full refund of the amounts paid i.e 2 full months and the odd days into my bank account. 

It should be in the region of 15 pounds. Please respond"

See how nothing seems to link up anymore?

0 Kudos