Menu
ashpole
Up to speed
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Complaint Response

I'm feeling lucky today - I've received a written response to my complaint following a 14+ week wait. To provide context the complaint was mainly about the inability for one of my VM mobiles to call my other VM mobile, both mobiles have similar contracts with unlimited minutes. The error I was getting was number not recognised - yes, one of those! The mobiles are my own and my wife's, she has terminal cancer and it's really important that she be able to contact me - she could not hence the complaint.

The response from the complaints' team is as follows, verbatim:

We've looked into it - here's our findings:
First and foremost we are disappointed to hear we have fallen short of your expectations as a customer; rest assured the feedback you have provided will be raised with the relevant areas of the business to help improve the quality of our service. I understand your concerns in relates to the number you are unable to call. I request you to please recontract our technical team. To keep you informed if the minimum credit of £2 is not available then calls wont get connected.

To me, once I had deciphered the English which is appalling for a UK National company, it says "even though you have pay monthly contracts with unlimited minutes, you can't make calls without a minimum £2 credit", I assume the person means £2 cap? Which if that's the case is clearly incorrect.

I'm pondering what to do next. Perhaps I should let it drop, or ask a letter of deadlock?

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint Response

That solves nothing and is clearly incorrect. 

The day Virgin decided to run their own core network there have been long standing  problems.

Their technical teams seem to be like kids that had Lego Duplo suddenly being faced with Lego Technics!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ashpole
Up to speed
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I must remember that when my grandson is eyeing up his next Lego kit from the bank of grandpa!
0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello ashpole

I am so sorry to hear this has happened especially at a time that you need both phones working as they should be 

You recent experience was probably more painful than standing on Lego 

Can I please send you a private message to pass security and get this issue fixed 

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello ashpole

Thanks for those details 

Sorry to hear that you have left us now 

The complaint that you had raised and are unhappy with the resolution, were you advised of hw to take this further?

If this helps this is our complaints code of practice https://virg.in/comcop

Gareth_L 

0 Kudos
ashpole
Up to speed
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth,

Today I’ve written back to Sunderland asking for the complaint to be reconsidered, otherwise asked them to provide me with a letter of deadlock.

Mike

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi ashpole

I did get the PM thank you 

You have done the right thing in writing back 

Can you let us know how things pan out please 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
ashpole
Up to speed
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth,

Yes, I’ll certainly keep you up to date!

Us old folk have got plenty of time to follow up on these things and can be a right PITA!

Life tip: never get in the way of an OAP and the queue for a cuppa!

Take care,

Mike
0 Kudos