Menu
burntbreadman84
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Charged to contact VM by text?

Im confused at why Im charged to replying to a VM Text message (£2)

It more principle than the cost. I have a VMobile PAYG purely to contact VM (the broadband goes down all the time and contract negotiations) For those that dont know your charged £2 a day when you send a text on PAYG.

I called Virgin media to book an engineer to fixed the broadband (calling 150). Engineer was booked call was free.

I recieved a text messages from VM to respond to questions pre engineer visit (Is anyone vulnerable covid wise, and if anyone one is showing symptoms)

So I respond to the text messages but I was charged £2. I always thought calling or responding to VM was free.

So I call up Virgin Mobile on the same 150 number who reimbursed me but was told the text isnt free but couldn't give me a reason why.

So can anyone explain why responding to a VM text costs me £2? It seemed all ridiculous to me. (yes I realise Im arguing over £2 but its the principle)

Whats going to happen next? Ill get a text message to rate the recent call experience with VM and be charged £2 for completing their survey ?!?

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charged to contact VM by text?

Obviously on the new PAYG rate. Good job you didn't also call a none Virgin number that would be another £2

But, yes certain text numbers to Virgin should be exempt.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
burntbreadman84
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I guess its becomming more and pointless keeping a VM PAYG just to call VM.

I dont suppose anyone knows the 150 equivalent landline number?

Is it a premium land line number or a standard rate (just so Ill know if Ill be using up my contract phones allowance.........I mean sometimes Im waiting 40min plus before anyone even answers)

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

0345 6000 789 is the one I have used

Standard Rate

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
burntbreadman84
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the number.....I guess I dont really need the VM PAYG knowing that I can call a standard number to reach them

0 Kudos