cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for calling virgin free number

Yvos
Tuning in

Please can you explain why I have been charged for calling your free phone number? 

On my last bill and from the looks of it others I have been charged for calling 08456504545, as this number isn't known to me I checked and it is in fact Virgin.

I have never called this number and only ever used the three digit service call number which is free and only called to sort out issues that shouldn't have happened. 

This seems to have only happened since I "upgraded" my contract as I was paying less but did so for unlimited minutes. With the extra cost of the new contract and the charge its effectively doubled my previous contract total. 

2 REPLIES 2

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI @Yvos thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry for any confusion around your billing.  I have called the number myself and it says it's our sales department.  I would like to take a closer look at this on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Yvos, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

The 3 digit number for calling Virgin Mobile is 789. This is free of charge and doesn't cost anything however you didn't dial this number on the occasion you were charged. 

The number we advised you on via PM was dialled from your handset with the SIM connected. There is no other way the number could have been charged. 

I know from experience that this can sometimes happen if you are unsure on a number to call a company and use a search engine to try and find it which is why I advised to always check our contact us page. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs