cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing mobile number between two virgin mobile sims

markmaguire87
Joining in

I recently upgraded my overall package to the Oomph bundle and am getting an unlimited sim as part of this deal. I already have a Virgin Mobile contract with capped mobile data which runs finishes in June 2022.

Can I swap my mobile number from my current Virgin Mobile capped data plan sim to the new Virgin Mobile Oomph bundle unlimited sim? I can only see details on swapping mobile numbers between networks. Of course I will have to continue paying my current monthly payments until June 2022 when that contract is up.

I would be grateful if anyone could help with this as I want to get the benefits of the unlimited data plan but not have to tell everyone a new number!

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello markmaguire87

Thanks for taking the time to post in regards to your mobile account and tariff, we appreciate you raising this and welcome to the community.

Although there isn't a way to swap numbers between Virgin Media accounts we can look to see if the tariff can be changed on the numbers. From what you have said, during the set up process a new mobile account has been created as opposed to the Oomph tariff being applied to the existing number.

I'm going to send you a Private Message to look into this further for you and look forward to your reply.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello markmaguire87

Thanks for taking the time to post in regards to your mobile account and tariff, we appreciate you raising this and welcome to the community.

Although there isn't a way to swap numbers between Virgin Media accounts we can look to see if the tariff can be changed on the numbers. From what you have said, during the set up process a new mobile account has been created as opposed to the Oomph tariff being applied to the existing number.

I'm going to send you a Private Message to look into this further for you and look forward to your reply.

Rob