cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Mobile Number

Keenzo
Up to speed

Ive gone through a load of rubbish trying to get this sorted so thought i might try posting here to see if it can actually be sorted.

I took out a contract for my son who moved out so i got the sim back, I have contacted "customer Services" to try and get the sim cancelled and instead they cancelled my number and sim, eventually got that sorted and they tell me they cant cancel the sim as i have a phone connected to it.

fair enough so we now though we could give the sim to our younger son instead of paying for something that is not being used but due to an older teenager having the sim previously the calls and messages comming through are not suitable..

so can i get this number changed so that the sim that im paying monthly for can actually be used?

13 REPLIES 13

As i already said bove the other person has confirmed they are with virgin also

Thank you for the phone call from Richard and taking the time to go through everything.

I have found the issue with his help it is the built in Chat from Samsung

three dots

settings

chat settings

chat features

was turned on, so the person with this number before my son still has their chat setting linked to this number, so with my son having this enabled it bypasses text messages and uses the chat feature instead hence the message goes to the wrong person.

when i turned the chat feature off the message was sent straight to my sons number.

so its the samsung chat feature thats the issue here.

on a side note is it possible for Richard to look into the mobile signal we discussed to see if it could be improved somehow?

Thanks

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for all the replies, Keenzo.

I can look into this for you, however I will send you a PM as I'll need more info that cannot be shared on a public thread.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a purple envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for helping Adri..

Following on now that we know the other person still has their old number registered with chat service (RCS) chat features or whatever its called via samsung / android messages app how do we move on with getting them to remove this so that anyone else in my sons contacts who has this enabled can contact my son instead of the other person?

surely they cannot keep a number they no longer have registered to their phone especially when someone else has been given the number.

My son turns chat settings/ chat features / chat service off and he can message my other son no problem yet if he enables it then the messages go to this other persons phone.

which means any of my younger sons contacts who may have this feature enabled will have the same issues when trying to message him.

surely someone has seen this before and can figure what we can do to stop this