Menu
radugm63
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Change plan

• When changing a plan, is the new one starting same or next day or only from the start of next charging period? 
0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change plan

Hi radugm63,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community.

Normally any package change would happen within the next bill period. But if this was done by an agent sometimes changes can be done within 24 hours. 

If this was the case the agent should have notified you of this though. Was your change done by an agent?

^Martin

0 Kudos
radugm63
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I had a very strange experience with an agent. She indeed told me that the plan can be change at that very moment and I wanted to proceed. However she told me that she needs to make a credit check for that, which I found it weird as online in my account doesn't say anything about a credit check when changing plans. Anyway I agreed and she told me I didn't pass the check which was again weird as I have very good credit score with all 3 agencies. Then I went on my account online and changed the plan from there but will be in place from the start or new billing period. Now I want to cancel it because of all this bad experience.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi radugm63,

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delayed response. If the plan you are changing to is related to the plan you are currently on and you are just increasing/decreasing your minutes or data then there should not any credit checks required. If this is for a completely different plan or one require a new handset then it will require a credit check. 

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
radugm63
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey C,

Thank you for reply. The change was related to the plan I actualy been on, increasing the minutes and data. No new plan and no new handset was requiered.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for clarifying, radugm63,

I do see from your earlier post that you were able to get this updated yourself. Apologies you were not advised this as an option.  Also that you are asking for your mobile service cancelled. Are you still wanting this done?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
radugm63
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Because everything was so confusing and I am still upset about the credit check which will afect me, I have managed after about 2 hours of phone call being passfrom one to another person to cancel the upgrade. I will not cancel the service, I am just staying on the £7 tariff, however at least until Virgin is using EE because when switches to Vodafone I am out, the later having much worse coverage than the former and where I live has none.
0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Radugm63.

Sorry to hear of the complications cancelling the upgrade but glad to hear this has been sorted for you.

If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos