Menu
Valanne
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Change of sim locked out of phone

Virgin contacted me to say they were sending a new sim for me to change. Nothing wrong with the previous sim and not sure why as this is the second time they have requested it. Anyway, although I have virgin media and moved it to my new address 3 years ago for some reason virgin mobile have decided not to update my address. Therefore they keep sending the sim to my old address and no way of getting it from new landlord. Because I have forgotten my password for that account no one can access my information! I tried calling they told me to do it online, I go online and it doesn’t even recognise my email address so now phone is disabled and can’t call out or receive calls😡 just want to cancel contract and go to a more professional provider but need to keep my mobile number as it’s used for work etc.....can somebody help me???

Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change of sim locked out of phone

Hello Valanne,

I'm sorry about the SIM replacement causing issues for you and that you're unable to log into your online account. Can I ask whether you've ever registered for an online account with us? I'll actually send you a Private Message so I can have a good look at your details and look at the online account and SIM as we can get a new one sent out to you.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Valanne
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Received sim and still doesn’t work! Can you tell me how to go about cancelling my contract with Virgin mobile as I have now lost business due to this inconvenience?

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Can I just ask if you have activated the SIM?

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can you make sure the new SIM is in the phone, reboot the handset and let me know what happens please? The SIM wasn't activated as you needed to do it, so I have done it for you.

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos