Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Change of device

I have a rolling contract and a PAYG contract with Virgin Mobile both of which show devices that I changed some 3 years ago. How do I change these to show the correct devices that I now use , neither of which were supplied by Virgin.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change of device

You can change your nickname on the online account (under your plan and account), but if vm didn't supply the phone the system won't update the original phone that was on the account, including imei. 

I believe that is how it works, but I can't confirm, as (luckily) I have never bought a phone from vm, the closest I got was buying one from carphone warehouse a few years back. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My account shows 2 phones that were supplied by Virgin years ago and have been updated several times since by bought, sim free phones. I have tried on several occasions over the last couple of years to update the details of these phones on the accounts but to no avail. 

If your phone is lost or stolen just how would Virgin block the phone if they can’t be bothered to record the correct hardware details. It really shouldn’t make any difference weather they supplied it or not.

One of these days Virgin will surprise me and do something well that I can praise them for but I’m not going to hold my breath. Will this post, like others be followed by their “how did we do” customer survey email. One day they might have the b—-s to contact me regarding my very negative comments about VM in general.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As @paulchambers061 pointed out, the online account is only updated with phone brought from Virgin.

You can have third party phones/IMEI added on your account, but this would be as a note added only they can see, they can then use those details to block the phone at your request.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.