cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Mobile Number

S001
Joining in

I've had my current Virgin mobile number for around 20 years and have begun to get an increasing number of unwanted calls. Is it possible to chnage the current number?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey S001,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your number and getting unwanted calls, it is possible to change your number and we can arrange that from here but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey S001,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your number and getting unwanted calls, it is possible to change your number and we can arrange that from here but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Hello,

I am going through the same and would like my number to be changed as well please. 

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

Try reading this thread.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/SCAM-CALLS-ever-since-moving-to-O2-network/m-p...

Appears there are a lot of VM users now with O2 who are experiencing the same thing!! 

Not a coincidence, that's for sure!!

I have had 10 scam calls/texts in the 2 weeks since I was moved to O2, yet when on VM never has 1/4th of that in 6 YEARS!!!

Hi bijalc1996

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the unwanted calls you have been receiving.

We can change the number for you yes.

I will send you a private message now so I can help further.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I'm trying to change my nephew's virgin mobile number but can't seem to find online how to do it. Could you help me please.

Hi there @13ondy 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I would be happy to take a look into arranging this for you, we just need to check are you the account holder for the mobile contract as it would need to be the account holder we spoke with? 

My mum is the account holder and she is with me at the moment 

Thank you @13ondy we would need to speak to the account holder, if you can set up a profile for them on the forums and ask them to comment here we will be happy to discuss with them via a Private Message. 

Could you call my mum on her virgin number rather than me set up another account please ?