Menu
madacj
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Carrier Update: can no longer choose 2G or 3G signal

I performed a carried settings update last night on my iPhone 12 mini. For some reason the options to select 2G and the 3G signal have gone? 

2G was working perfectly fine seconds before I accept the carrier update. Is there anything I can do to bring the options back?

My iPhone is running iOS 14.4 carrier settings say Virgin 45.1

Is this anything to do with the switch from EE to Vodafone?

I’ve been trying to get to speak to customer services via live chat with no luck. Thanks

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Carrier Update: can no longer choose 2G or 3G signal

Hello madacj

Sorry to hear of the mobile data issues experienced since a recent update. We appreciate you raising this via the forums.

We're sorry for the delay in responding to your initial post, we're really busy at the moment but working hard to get to all customers as quickly as possible.

Have you been able to resolve this since your post? If not, can you try these steps please:

1. Open Settings.
  2. Go to Cellular.
  3. Select Cellular Data Options:
  4. Tap Voice & Data (or “Voice” if your Cellular Data is currently disabled):
  5. Select 2G:

Let us know if this helps

Rob

0 Kudos
madacj
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Robert_P thanks for replying. Your above suggestions don’t work because the options for 2G and 3G are no longer available as a result of the carrier update I mentioned. It is not a fault on my iPhone Apple told me that these things are controlled by the carrier I.e. Virgin media.

Anyway I have been using your text messaging service for help and information and they told me that there was a fault in my area so this was resulting in poor signal. They told me this fault was fixed.

However I was still receiving poor 4G signal so I contacted them again and they said this was due to congestion at my local “tower” which as far as I understand it is something to do with the transition from EE to Vodafone and as soon as this transition is complete for me I will get a text confirming that the switch to Vodafone. They also told me that I would be eligible for compensation as a result of poor service. Can you confirm that the information the individual from the text messaging service is correct? I am still receiving poor signal today (22/02/21) and I intend to contact the text messaging service on a weekly basis until this is resolved. Thanks

0 Kudos
Emburrows93
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hey, 

I just saw a reply from yourself on another post and I have been having similar issues.

I originally phoned and they told me to turn the 5G setting off as I live outside of the city, I wouldn’t be able to find signal but since then, my overall service has been shocking! At the most I can only get 2 bars of 4G and my signal when making calls is so poor! Virgin have said that 4G in my area should be excellent but it’s really not! iPhone 12 too.

How do you access the text messaging service?

Hopefully we’ll get this sorted soon!

0 Kudos
madacj
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi the virgin text messaging customer service number Is 07533016422 hope that helps Emburrows93 

0 Kudos
Emburrows93
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you much!!!

0 Kudos
madacj
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No problem Emburrows93 out of interest where are you from? Just trying to see whether it’s just my area affected would you let me know if they tell you anything different? Thanks

0 Kudos
Emburrows93
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I’m in the valleys in South Wales, what about you?

0 Kudos
madacj
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Stockport just outside Manchester 

0 Kudos
madacj
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Emburrows93 How did you get on?did you manage to get through? They gave me the the same answer as last week there is an outage at my local mast can’t give me an update as to when it’ll be fixed 😡

0 Kudos