cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrier Settings Update

Swiftyi1
Joining in

I switched to Virgin mobile three weeks ago. Everything is working fine, but several times a day I get a message headed Carrier Settings Update, saying "New settings are available. Would you like to update them now" with the options 'Not now' and 'Update'. Although I click on Update, nothing else seems to happen and a few hours later I get the same message again. Is this right? Are my settings being updated or not? How can I stop this message from appearing? Thanks for any help and suggestions.

11 REPLIES 11

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Swiftyi1,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry you haven't been able to stop the setting text you keep getting since switching to us.

Which handset do you have, are you able to add the new settings manually  via your settings?

Regards

Paul.

Thanks for the reply. I have an i-phone 5S and I think if I knew what settings to use I could enter them manually

Hi Swifti1,

Thank you for coming back to me, you can find the manual network settings here.

Kind regards

Paul.

Thank you. I have put these settings into my phone. Hopefully I'll stop getting the reminders!

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

How is everything since doing that? 

Cheers. 

Still getting the update message!

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Are you able to back up your phone completely and then factory reset your phone? Once the phone is booted it will seem like it's a new set up and will send through settings. Can you let me know if you're able to do so. 

Cheers. 

I'm not sure I know how to do that. Have you instructions?

Hello Swiftyi1

You can do this via iTunes by connecting the phone via usb cable to the laptop with the application open. The cable you can use would the one received with the phone and used to charge the handset.

More details can be found here virg.in/iphonesup

Thanks

Rob