Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cant receive or make calls since porting into Virgin Mobil

Supposed to have ported over my number to Virgin on the 19th.  My old Vodafone sim stopped working on the 19th so put in new Virgin Mobile Sim into new Samsun 10 Lite and had data and could make calls but couldn't receive calls or texts.  Meant I couldn't use Samsung services, or any app which needed two factor authentication via text.  

Five calls to 780.  Speedy answering but no point in answering as no clue as to the cause and fix to the issue in question and gave me the porting team number, I called it and was the Insurance department.  Called again then was transferred after explaining again the issue and was on hold for 35 mins then gave up.  They are more concerned with security questions than fixing my issue.

It a split port issue that can only be resolved by the porting team.  Please sort this out as its 2 days without calls now.  USELESS.  So regretting moving to Virgin Mobile.

A hugely disappointed ex Vodafone user.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant receive or make calls since porting into Virgin Mobil

Hi Ciderjon,

thanks for your post and welcome to forums 🙂

I have checked remotely and can see the port was successful can you confirm this has happened?

Thanks,

Zoie

Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes it was resolved thanks.  Took 7 days from the supposed porting date and lots of calls.  Though now resolved so thanks!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for letting us know 🙂 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos