cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant call someone

bellamy88
Joining in

Hi!

I had 3 virgin mobile accounts, recently changed 1 SIM from Virgin to plusnet and now the other 2 sims are unable to call me. When they try to call me, the call just drops and makes a beep sound. No ringing is made, and i do not receive a notification that they have tried to call. I can call the other 2 and they can answer, and we can all send text messages to one another. I don't have any problems with other contacts, and other Virgin SIM phones are able to call me with no problem at all.

We have checked that we haven't blocked each other, cleared our calling cache and data, and removed the contact and added it again. 

My number was ported from virgin to plusnet on the 25th March.

Plusnet dont understand why this is happening and have told me to see if virgin are aware of any issuses on there end.

I have seen another message from someone else recently having the same issuse.

Does anyone have any knowledge on why this is happening and how we can fix it please?

• Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @bellamy88, and a very warm welcome to you

Excellent first post - you have pretty much covered all questions that I'd be prompted to ask you, although, if you can possibly advise me if there's been attempts to make calls from the Virgin sims to your Plusnet sim whilst in different locations, or have all three sim cards been in the same location at the same time?

This may need to be flagged to our IT team, so we would require time and date stamps, as well as locations for the devices when calls are attempted from VM numbers A and B to the Plusnet sim

Do you have any of these noted, or could you possibly find that out?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Attempts have been made at various locations both whilst together and a few miles apart and also whilst at home and 15 miles away so not always using the same masts.

I don't currently have times etc with me but can find them out  later

Thanks

Thanks for coming back to me @bellamy88, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me, so we can pass data protection, and get a ticket logged for you, when you have the time and date stamps

Kindest regards,

David_Bn