cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot upgrade nor cancel contract

Marcogeorgio
Joining in

My phone contract ended 2 months ago. I have been trying to upgrade or cancel my contract, to no success. There is a flag on my account, due to a disconnected debt of exactly £0.00. This stems from VM duplicating my original contract, which I thought was solved when they rang me after I placed the original order. Everytime I ring up, no one can help. I have probably rang 20 times to try to sort this, I’m promised a call back and never ever receive a call. In fact, worst of all, the only option I’ve been given is for my wife to take out a contract ON TOP of the contract I have, a contract that has well and truly ended. I’ve wasted 10 or so hours of my life trying to sort this, and you have been utterly useless. Can anyone please help me, before I take this to my solicitor?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Are these for the same account you are wishing to cancel? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @Marcogeorgio

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post.

I am sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused. Is the sim card part of your current broadband package? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

It certainly is 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming that. 

Can you confirm, do you have a handset contract with us? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

I do, yes 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Are these for the same account you are wishing to cancel? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

I don’t want to cancel my virgin media contract, preferably be able to upgrade my handset, or failing that to cancel my virgin mobile contract and go elsewhere. 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I see, 

So sorry I misunderstood the initial issue. 

I know you have contacted the mobile care team about the upgrades already however unfortunately we are not able to arrange upgrades for handsets or sim cards from here. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Your company is as much use as a chocolate teapot. Thanks for the reply at least, it’s useful for when I contact the ombudsman 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you on an Oomph package where the SIM is part and parcel of the deal?

If so Oomph has now been discontinued, whether that applies to upgrades or not, I'm not sure.

It has been replaced by VOLT where you get double data on an O2 contract and a move up to the next speed band on Virgin Broadband.

Footnote. You will have to go through the Virgin complaints procedure before the Ombudsman will even look at a case.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks