cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot text or make ir receive calls in Canada

Paddyhagan
Joining in

Hi. I'm in Canada and am receiving texts but I am unable to send texts or make ir receive calls.i have tried the recommended actions of switching the phone off and on and have checked my account and phone and SIM settings. 

7 REPLIES 7

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Paddyhagan

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to team. 

I'm so sorry to hear you are facing this issue. Do you have a spending cap set up on your phone at all? 

If so there are costs for sending messages in Canada. Though there are none for receiving them. You can read up on this here.

Thank you. 

Hi and thanks. I have a limit but it is ample and has just refreshed so is unused. Paddy

Thanks for the additional information Paddy, have you tried a manual network search and tried connecting to another network to see if you can then text and make/receive calls?

Depending on which handset you have you can find out how ot do this here just select the make and model 🙂

Rob

Hi. Thanks for the extra suggestion. I have tried to select the network operator manually but still can only receive texts. I cannot send texts still or make/receive calls in Canada.

Thanks for coming back to us Paddyhagan

I shall send you a PM now to help further.

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi. This question was never resolved. In fact once back in Europe my phone worked again so it seems the problem is using Virgin mobile in Canada. Surely I'm not the only one to have this problem...one which was a real issue while there. 

Paddy

Hello Paddy,

My colleague PM'ed you regarding this but was never able to pass security in order to check the system for you.

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill