Menu
JohnAndrewDavis
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cannot send or receive SMS messages

For some reason I am having a problem with both Sending and Receiving SMS Messages via Virgin Mobile on my Smartphone.

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot send or receive SMS messages

Hi there @JohnAndrewDavis 

Thank you for your post. Apologies for the delay in response, we've been very busy and doing all we can to get to each customer ASAP. 

Sorry to hear you've been having these issues with your handset and that you've not been able to send or receive these texts. 

Are you still having these issues today? Just to clarify - you have a VM SIM and you've not been able to send or receive texts at all, to any network? 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JohnAndrewDavis
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hollie

Thank you for your reply.

I can confirm that whatever was causing the problem on my Honor 9 Lite Smartphone from being able to Send and Receive SMS Text's is no longer occurring. It was funny, but when I did a Factory Reset of the Smartphone the SMS Texting started working again, however after the Smartphone had finished setting everything up and doing a Restore of a previous Automatic Backup, the SMS Texting stopped working again, then a few days later I found that the SMS Texting was working again.
0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey @JohnAndrewDavis

Thanks for your reply. Really glad to hear that the reset seems to have worked, I'm sorry that you had these issues to begin with, I appreciate it will have been frustrating. 

Please pop back if you need any further help and we'll do our best 🙂 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos