cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive calls while EU roaming (Greece)

Egm177
On our wavelength

Device : iPhone 12 mini iOS 15.5

I can make calls to UK but cannot receive calls, I spent a 4 long hours with virgin mobile support with no success. I have seen similar posts where you change the SIM application setting to a manual mode for international network selection and I  have tried using  the COSMOTE  and WIND GR networks.
My phone rings and connects I can hear the caller but they cannot hear me. If I initiate the call it works fine. I checked my mobile preferences and confirmed I have enabled the Going Abroad setting and disabled international call barring.  Checking my online account I looked at my recent usage and all international roaming received calls are flagged as “in Plan? NO”

I have no issues with mobile data and can receive WhatsApp calls and texts.

Any clues where the problem lies?

56 REPLIES 56

Egm177
On our wavelength

No resolution time was given  I will contact them tomorrow. The community post was running in parallel with the live chat.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I see, thanks for confirming. 

Please do let us know what is advised tomorrow and if you require further assistance. 

Have a lovely evening. 

Nat

Egm177
On our wavelength

Hi Nat

i have talked with the faults team and it is an ongoing issue that will take 3-5 days to resolve. 
it has been diagnosed as the 1-way audio issue.

Unfortunately, I will be back in the UK before it is sorted.
However, it would help other customers to know there is an ongoing problem and they should not waste many hours changing handset settings when it is a backend network fault.

Best regards

Egm

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for updating the thread Egm177. 

This is not something I was personally aware of but I will ensure this is passed on to my colleagues. 

I am very sorry that the issue will not be resolved until your return, I appreciate this must be frustrating. 

Please let us know if we can assist following the time frame provided. 

Thank you, 

Nat

I have the same issue in Portugal

Can receive calls from Portuguese numbers but not from UK numbers, I pick up but no one hears each other

I've tried setting manually to different networks (NOSS and MEO) and tried a different headset but same problem

I need to receive a call from my bank to complete a transfer and I am stuck at the moment

This has been happening for a while but I called back but in this case I can't

Good Afternoon @andrelsilva, thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear that receiving calls from UK numbers appears to be somewhat tricky at the moment, whilst in Portugal.

Can you possibly advise me what network you're connected to and what other networks are available via a manual network search?

Can you connect to any other networks on offer in the area of Portugal you're in?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi

I am connected to NOS and I've tried MEO, same issue on both

Thanks for coming back to me @andreIsilva, has this been happening in multiple different locations?

Have you ever been able to receive calls from the UK whilst in Portugal?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I was in Portugal for a few weeks and had this issue in like 95% of calls I received

Went to UK received a couple and worked fine

Now I am back and in all calls I receive I have this issue: rings, I pick up but no one hears each other

Tried changing the network and putting the sim on a friends phone and same issue

Thanks for coming back to me @andreIsilva, can you please advise me when you were last issued with a new sim card?

When are you due to return to the UK? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn