cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make outgoing calls on mobile

Kdseran
Joining in

i can receive calls. But cannot call out. I only get a hiss. Also there is no internet connection despite the 3G or 4g indicator staying on.

I have an iPhone 8. Service was good up till 1 week ago. 

4 REPLIES 4

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello kdseran

Sorry to hear of the mobile service issues experienced with your mobile data and when trying to make calls, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

Can you confirm a few details for us please?

• Does this happen in specific locations or everywhere?
  • Does it happen with all or some numbers?
  • You mentioned a 'hiss' does it call and you can't hear anything or does it not even register the call?
  • When trying to access/use mobile data do you get any error messages?

We have a coverage checker here where you can check for any problems in your area, we also have our diagnostic tool here to run through some quick checks.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Rob

Kdseran
Joining in
  • Does this happen in specific locations or everywhere?  Everywhere. 
  • Does it happen with all or some numbers?  All numbers. 
  • You mentioned a 'hiss' does it call and you can't hear anything or does it not even register the call? It does not even register the call. Just get a hiss or a high pitched tone. 
  • When trying to access/use mobile data do you get any error messages? No error message. 
  • do you think I need a new sim. Need to resolve this ASAP. 

Kdseran
Joining in

Apart from the fact that the sim is connected to the virgin network, text messages cannot be sent, mobile data is inaccessible and no call outs are possible. Incoming items all work. 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us @Kdseran

I think this might be the next port of call (getting a new sim sent out to you) 

I will pop you over a PM for some account information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M