Menu
Mooers1974
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cannot forward to voicemail when busy/unreachable

I would like to set my phone to forward calls to voicemail when I am busy or unreachable, but when I go into Supplemental services, select call forwarding, select forward when busy, put in the voicemail number, and try to save, I get a message saying 'Failed to read data. Something went wrong. Check your SIM card or network connection, then try again'. 

I had this issue on my old S9 running Android 10, and just thought it was my old phone that was the issue, but I now have an S21 running Android 11, and the issue remains. 

Any ideas anyone? I am off wifi, and wifi calling is also off. This is pretty urgent for me, as I have software installed to reject all calls apart from contacts, due to all the spam calls I get, but I would like the calls to go to voicemail, just in case there is a legitimate call that needs to get through!

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cannot forward to voicemail when busy/unreachable

Long time since I was with Virgin but  going by posts on here call forwarding options are pre set by Virgin and can't be altered from the phone 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums Mooers1974, and I sorry to hear you've been struggling with forwarding calls.

I can take a look into this for you to see if there are any changes I can make in the settings to resolve this for you

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Mooers1974
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just so the solution is on here for anyone else, I had to have my voicemail disabled and re-enabled, by Virgn and my calls then started diverting to it after I reject them. The old turn it off and on again!

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update via PM @Mooers1974, and I'm pleased to hear we've been able to resolve this for you

Do feel free to come back to us if you have any further issues with your services

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Mooers1974 wrote:

Just so the solution is on here for anyone else, I had to have my voicemail disabled and re-enabled, by Virgn and my calls then started diverting to it after I reject them. The old turn it off and on again!

Thanks. Will remember that one. Bound to turn up in the future 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos