Menu
Votelwa001
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling sim only contraxt

I have been cancelling my contract data sim only as I no longer stay the UK. It seems impossible. Its been 4 months of no response and I cannot call and all emails bounce back.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cancelling sim only contraxt

Hi Votelwa001. Thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear you've had some problems getting in touch with the mobile teams about cancelling your SIM. 

Email isn't a contact option provided for cancellations I'm afraid, and there's been no wider problems with the phone lines we're aware of here to be honest. May I ask what's happened specifically when you've tried to call 789/ 0345 600 0789? 

Tom 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Votelwa001
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I called the number in July before I left the UK indicating my intentions to use the number in South Africa(SA). I was informed that it should be alright. 

when I arrived in SA, Virgin Mobile in SA confirmed they have no links with UK and therefore my number and contract cannot work here. they could not even help me with cancellation.

As I am based in SA I am unable to contact the UK number that you have mentioned in your response. My number does not work in SA and as a student I have no access/ funds to calling international numbers. Hence I have been relying on possible emails or online chat.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for clarifying. We don't handle cancellations via the community forum but I'd certainly like to take a further look into this and establish what our options are, so I'll send a PM shortly to confirm a few details & hope to hear back from you soon. 

Tom 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Votelwa001, thank you for replying to our private messages. For security reasons, we can only take payments over the phone. You can reach our mobile team on this number 0345 600 0789 please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Votelwa001
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I think you are taking back to the original problem. I live in SA and I cannot call UK numbers. This is why I have been using this platform in the absence of email contact for Virgin Mobile UK. 

Can I get a friend to go and pay this £20 at the store in Swansea then. I really have spend too much time trying to resolve this matter. 

0 Kudos