Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling a sim only

Hi, I have called virgin mobile tonight to try and cancel a sim only that I pay monthly for and my son no longer needs. The lady on the phone said I had not given the correct email address so could not help me and advised that I call back in 24hrs and try again. I explained to the lady I had not spoken to V mobile in 6 yrs and did not now know the email address I must of given when I requested this second sim. I told the lady I could give my account no and bank account that the monthly payment comes out of, but she still stated that she could not help and I was unable to cancel the sim. 

Please any advise

thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling a sim only

HI Lowmanl, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry that you're cancelling your SIM Only with us, we'll be sad to see you go. 

I'd also like to apologise you were unable to cancel this over the phone last night, I can assure you this ins't the level of service we aim to provide. 

I'm sure we can get this sorted for you, so I'll pop you a personal message now and we'll take things from there. 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

:) 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Emma, That would be fabulous

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi I would like to cancel my sim only with you as my phone no longer works well. How do I cancel this?

Can you help me I tried calling but the lady said she can not help me as I give her the wrong date of birth but it was correct I think she miss heard me. I have my tv and broadband with you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karenlocker, 

Thanks for using the community to ask about this, I'm sorry you were not able to cancel over the phone due to miscommunication. 

I'd love to help you with this, can I ask if you're still in a contract for your SIM only deal? 

If you're still in contract you may be liable to pay for a Buyout Fee for the remainder of your contract, I just want to make you aware of this just in case. 

Let me know so we can help further.

Kind regards, 

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, i have a exactly the same issue. i have obtained a STAC but my new provider says its not recognised.

i have contacted you by phone, but your operator has asked for a security word that i never set up. i was contacted by mobile as a virgin media customer to buy the sim only, and now your operator cannot/will not access my account.

i am at a loss as to how to proceed? my sim only contract has exired.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Justinevs

Sorry to hear of the mobile cancellation issues but thank you for bringing them to our attention via the forums.

Can you confirm if the SIM Only was set up as part fo your media package as an Oomph bundle? If so, the password used to access the account would be the same as that used for your Virgin Media account. This is the password used when calling in to the team.

You mentioned you were given a STAC code, can you confirm if this was six numbers followed by three letters (for Virgin this would be VRG)

Rob

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Rob,

i have no idea as regards an oomph bundle sorry. i have tried several times to log into both media and mobile with the same result that my log in details are not registered. i have tried resetting passwords etc, but this too fails.

the stac code is 6 numbers followed by vrg. are you able to cancel this account please? i am also trying to cancel my tv package whilst retaining my broadband via text but progress is extremely slow.

regards

0 Kudos