Menu
slap491
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling a Pay Monthly SIM only within 14 days

It might be inauspicious for one's first post to be a question that's been asked several times before, but it does appear that if you post separately someone can take some action for you and so forgive me.

I took out a new 12-month SIM-only contract on 20/08/2020.  The service was up and running on 25/08/2020 but it is already clear that coverage & quality is way below that expected and predicted on the VM site, so I've decided to terminate the contract within the 14-day period.  I can't seem to actually do this - I can't get through on the phone and there's no email address to write to notify VM of my intent.  I requested a PAC which came through, along with an early termination charge which I don't think I should have to pay (cooling off period).

My questions:

1. How can I ensure VM know of my intent to terminate within the cooling off period if I can't phone or email them?

2.If I was to use the PAC with another provider, how would I get the termination charge removed?

I'm really hoping someone here can help, as my frustration level is rising

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling a Pay Monthly SIM only within 14 days

Hi slap491

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear of the coverage issues you've had. Have you done manual network selections etc?

To answer your question, a request for a PAC code is a request to terminate the services. If moving within the CSG period, you'd only be charged for any out of allowance charges.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
slap491
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response.  So why have I been charged as if the contract wasn't terminated?

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, slap491.

I'll send you a PM shortly to get your account details.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos