Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling SIM only

I called 2 weeks before my last payment was due to explain that I would like to cancel it right after that payment was taken.

I was told to call on the day to give my 30 days notice- due to the COVID-19 outbreak I have been calling with no answer, I'm now 2 days past my 30 days I was hoping to give.

This SIM is for work use only so I really can't be paying another month of a phone I'm not using for work purposes.

Due to what is going on- I can't have any outgoings that aren't personal spending.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling SIM only

Still need help with this, money is being taken for this SIM I'm not using. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Quick way would be to Text for a STAC code from the account that needs closing.

If your other phone is on a different supplier, or even the phone of someone in your family if not, give them the STAC code.

Nothing will happen to that account, but once applied  your Virgin account will close.

Text ‘STAC’ and your date of birth (in DD/MM/YYYY format) to 75075 For example: STAC 01/03/1984

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The phone is a work phone I pay for personally, that work phone is at work for which I am furloughed so I'm not able to access it.

When I do eventually get it back if not advised by a VM advisor this is something to consider however this does make me think why wasn't I told this when I called 2 days before my contract was due to end.

It also means I can't receive a refund for the months that is clear to see no usage, along with that I have been an honest person and would say I have been more than patient waiting on my request to be noticed along with everyone else's I can see who have been replied to.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Best thing to do right now is ask your Bank to recall your direct debit and tell them to cancel any further payments. If you do this while the payments still pending you should have the money back in your account the next day, If it's no longer pending it can't be recalled, But you can dispute it with your Bank, but it will take some time. Good Luck 😉

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

As I won't have given Virgin Media their 30 days notice technically, this would most likely cause the unpaid amounts to accumulate and they would take action against me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The 30 day notice is a bit of a misnomer as when you use the PAC service the account closes on the day of the transfer and they are not allowed to charge any more.

The reason the text message system was brought in was to stop networks doing exactly what they have done to you.

Although a work phone do you have access to the online account?

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/switchi...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ah righto, yes I have access to the online account however to me it seems quite limited in what I can do without the phone as in a lot of pages link you to the community for answers.

If you could give me some advice, would be much appreciated! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Here is my online account take from my phone

20200527_173152.jpg

Screenshot_20200527-171019_Chrome.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant I've done that now, still hoping to get refunds on previous payments as this advice could have been given when I called up at the time before my contract was to end from a VM advisor.

It's not up to the general public to help out during this time.

Thanks for the help again!

0 Kudos