Menu
mikeclarke34
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation on bereavement

My wife died on 20 January after being struck by a car on 12th January 2021. I informed virgin mobile on 21st January and was informed that the final payment would be taken on22 February plus a cancellation charge of £35 as the direct debit had been taken from my current account which at the time of my wife's death was in joint names.Was this type of action what one would expect from a company which prides itself on looking after its customers.This is an example of a company whose only interest is money and not the customer.

Will I renew my contract on my phone?Definitely not. 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation on bereavement

Did you go through the bereavement team  These are the details 

• Get in touch on 0800 952 2302

You can call us between 8am to 8pm

• I'll flag this post to the team on here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @mikeclarke34

Welcome to our Community and thank you for your first post; I was very sorry to hear about the loss of your wife; please do accept our sincere condolences. 

I'll be more than happy to take a closer look into this for you - we do not charge any cancellation charges on our mobile accounts so would like to check that. If your wife was the account holder, any charges are usually waived. If you are the account holder then sometimes there may be some buy out charges. 

I have located a few different accounts in your name from your forum information so I'll pop you a Private Message so we can go through security and get things cleared up and sorted out for you. 

Please do look out for the purple envelop in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @mikeclarke34

Thanks so much for your private messages last week - I have now responded with a resolution we hope you are happy with. If you need any additional help or indeed help with anything else, please do pop us a reply here. 

Thank you again

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
mikeclarke34
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Katie for the positive and understanding message. Faith restored once more. 

Regards, 

Mike 

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am glad to hear Katie, was able to resolve this for you Mikeclarke35, and restore your faith in us, thank you for using our forums, and please pop back if you need anything.

All the best 

Zoie 

0 Kudos