Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation of service/phone after 1 day

Hi,

I signed up for a phone/contract over a 3 year period on the 4th June, the phone arrived on the 5th June and I called up the customer service line as I had a simple question regarding the phone.

They were so rude to me, just awful, these people shouldn't be working in customer services if they hate customers so much. They even hung up on me twice when I asked to speak to Supervisors that I eventually managed to call back (again) and cancelled my contract and phone as within my 14 day rights, I've boxed it all up and will be sending it back.

So they managed to lose my business as a 3 year contract customer within less than a day.

However I haven't had any sort of email or correspondence to confirm the cancellation and there is no way to contact anyone by email.  I have no trust in Virgin or the customer service team to do what they say they would without having it in writing, is there an email address I can contact or other way I can confirm that my contract is being correctly cancelled? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation of service/phone after 1 day

there is no email address for VM

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes I'm beginning to understand a bit more about how they work, I would have thought they would send me an email if my contract with them was being cancelled or some sort of affirmation on my customer page. I really can't bring myself to call their awful call centre again to check up they are cancelling it properly.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi BenjaminH,

I'm sorry to hear about the experience you've had when calling us and it shouldn't have happened. I'll find the agent and pass the feedback onto their Team Manager to improve our Customer Service. Once again I'm sorry about this.

I can see that you've managed to get through to us since you last posted and the agent has made the necessary arrangements to get the contract cancelled for you. As it's the weekend, it may not be picked up until Monday so please give them some time and let us know if you haven't received any confirmation.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Lisa, Can you please confirm that they have cancelled both the phone AND service contract the wording on the contract made it ambiguous.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi BenjaminH,

As you're needing some account specific information, I'll need to pop you a private message so I can pass security with you. 

I'll speak to you there.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos