Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation of Account

I have had a PAYG Account for some years for my spare phone that I keep for emergency use in case my main monthly contract phone should be lost or become faulty. VM have cancelled this Account without consulting or informing me and kept the Credit on the Account, which to me is theft. I get no response to my complaint from Customer Service. Only discovered when I needed to use my spare phone in a emergency. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation of Account

Hello

Under the terms and conditions you have to make a call or send a text message every 90 days to keep a pay as you go sim see https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/our-service#7 section 3.8 says -

"3.8 Keep talking!: You need to use our Services at least once within any 90 day period either by making a chargeable call or sending a text message. If you don’t we may suspend your access to the Services and cancel this Agreement. If we cancel this Agreement, you may lose your phone number and any unused Top Up credit on your account (see Clause 10.3). We don’t really want to lose you as a customer so please ensure you keep talking or texting!"

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That is standard practice on PAYG across all networks, since the day PAYG started

Used to be 180 days of none use, but it may have come down.  It is done to stop the networks running out of numbers which are finite

You can download the Term and Conditions here

https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/mobile-terms-and-conditions.html

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

In the small print that you need a telescope to read. Thanks anyway. However that still doesn't excuse the theft of the credit on the account.

0 Kudos