Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Cancel

I cancelled my virgin account all together I have never used the SIM card and it's been a nightmare trying to speak to anybody as the number on the invoice is non existant if that is case how have you charged me? I have been hung up on twice and wrote an email to the complaints department and I've not heard from them either how on earth do you get a reply or someone to call??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cancel

Hi the number for Virgin Mobile is 0345 6000 789.Regards Micky
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi GD62,

Thanks for using the Community to answer your Virgin Mobile cancellation query.

The number provided in the earlier post is correct. Were you able to get in touch with the mobile team to have this sorted for  you?

Let us know so we can help further.

Regards,

Valerie_T

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, no I've been given 4 different number to try I'm going to go to trading standards as this is ridiculous I'm going to have a breakdown.

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello GD62,

I can only appreciate the inconvenience that you have to go through about your cancellation request and the delay on your complaint response. If you could please ring us on 03456000789 to get this sorted for you. Also, here's our Complaint code of practice should this be helpful.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ann_E

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

hi, have you managed a cancellation? i am going through the same at the moment. being ignored all the time! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Funny isn't it?

I call to cancel the sim only to be told that I can only cancel on the last day of my monthly cycle of payments!!

I then realise that I will be on holiday and call again, this time I appear to speak to somebody more reasonable who tells me that the sim only contract has been cancelled, phew!

What do I find when I come back from holiday? The contract has not been cancelled and VirginMedia have lied to me! Do I really have to go to OFCOM to cancel a sim? I am well over the 12 month contract length and so I should be able to cancel quickly.

Who do I have to speak to? Aaargh!

Max.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for contacting us K0sh and sorry to hear of the issues that you've been having with your contract and trying to cancel it. Would you be able to call in and speak to the team on 0345 600 0789 as we cannot process any cancellations via this forum. Please could you call back into the team?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No need to call anybody now you are out of contract. Here are two ways to do it.

PAC or STAC?

Taking your number with you? - If you want to take your number with you, you’ll need a Porting Authorisation Code, usually called a PAC. You can get a PAC in one of three ways:

• Call us on 789 from your Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 * from any other phone
  • Sign in to your online account and select Switching to make your request
  • Text ‘PAC’ and your date of birth (in DD/MM/YYYY format) to 65075 For example: PAC 01/03/1984

Don’t want to take your number with you? - If you want to change mobile provider and automatically cancel your current service but not keep your mobile number, you’ll need a Service Termination Authorisation Code (STAC). You can get a STAC in one of three ways:

• Call us on 789 from your Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 * from any other phone
  • Sign in to your online account and select Switching to make your request
  • Text ‘STAC’ and your date of birth (in DD/MM/YYYY format) to 75075 For example: STAC 01/03/1984

When you request a PAC, we’ll give it to you straight way and send it by text message too.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Steven and Enlli,

Enlli, I wish to terminate my SIM and therefore no other phone provider comes into the equation. I had originally logged into my account and tried the STAC method and I was surprised at how easy it seemed. But on the next page or so, it the page would would not allow me to terminate my SIM as I was not going to any other provider. Hence my call to the support team.

Steven, I did call 789 from my tablet and spoke to a support person and her flowchart of questions did not seem to cover a termination request. She kept asking which provider I was wanting to transfer to!!! There then followed a surreal conversation about my current mobile phone provider (talkmobile who I have been with for years) and how much they cost and their charges which were irrelevent. I got a bit tetchy and she then passed me onto "retentions" who kept asking if there was someone else who could take over the contract?? Finally I got a bit tetchy with him also and we sanity prevailed and received a cancellation text and email. Cor blimey!

Except it has not really been cancelled, just put onto Pay As You Go at the end of a month. Gawd give me strength!

I will be very proactive in warning people not to buy a SIM from VirginMedia.

0 Kudos