Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cancel virigin mobile account

Hi there,

This is becoming somewhat frustrating. I recently moved abroad to South Korea and forgot to cancel my account. It's extremely difficult for me to get through and contact customer support over the phone. I thus cancelled my direct debit payment, in the hopes this would alert support and cancel my account, but I am still receiving bills. I have not been using the phone for months which I'm sure can be checked. Is there anybody that can contact me via email or online chat support and help me remedy this situation? Like I said, I have not been using the service and feel I should not have to pay these bills.

(Oh, and another things: the bill this month is DOUBLE the usual amount. Which is confusing and frustrating.)

Please if anybody can put me in contact with somebody able to help, I'd really appreciate it.

Kind Regards,

George

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel virigin mobile account

Hi George

I hope this helps. From the mobile terms and conditions 

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/our-service

If you have a complaint or query about our Services, you can contact us at any time by calling the Team on 0345 6000 789* (789 from your Virgin Mobile handset) in the UK, by writing to us at Virgin Media Protect, PO Box 670, Brentford, TW8 1DA or by emailing us through our website from the “Contact Us” page..
https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/contactus

We will try to resolve your query or dispute as quickly as possible.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joji95, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Sorry to hear that you forgot to cancel your contract when you moved away, I can appreciate you're keen to get this done. 

Sadly cancelling the Direct Debit won't cancel the account and when payments are missed we would get in touch via letter. 

We can certainly have a look at it from here, however it is possible the Direct Debit will need to be activated just to get the account cancelled. 

I'll pop you a message now and we'll sort it from there 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Glad that we've finally been able to get this sorted for you Joji95, 

Please let us know if you need anything else 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team