Menu
Ghibbun
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cancel virgin mobile contract issue

I have attempted to cancel my virgin mobile contract a while ago around the time corona virus became an issue. Due to that situation I had no need at all for the contract and was told that it would be canceled. 

Going into this week i received an email which told me that I had an outstanding bill of 60 pounds and when checking I could see that my contract was not canceled when it should have been. From then to now i have not even received any services on my phone.

Today I tried calling in again and when attempting to go with the 'leave virgin media' option I am first told that i would be passed to someone that could help me but then I am asked to press 1 in order to have a link to a support page sent to me(which does not help me at all) just to then have the phone hung up on me regardless of what I do.

This entire situation is extremely frustrating when I am just trying to cancel a contract that i have no use for. I would really appreciate some help on the matter.

0 Kudos
Ghibbun
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel virgin mobile contract issue

Ive tried the messaging service and calling again and there still seems to be no help anywhere. Am i just supposed to let the bill keep increasing on a service I dont want and am unable to use at all?

0 Kudos
Ghibbun
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have been struggling with this issue for almost a week now with no attempts by virgin to provide a solution by phone or otherwise. This is not even counting the last time i attempted to cancel the contract. I am completely at a loss for what i am supposed to do here. The customer support is terrible.

0 Kudos
Ghibbun
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Genuinely starting to become desperate here. I am being trapped in this contract. Does anyone have any idea what i can do in this situation? I would appreciate any advice

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel virgin mobile contract issue

Thanks for the post Ghibbun and sorry for the delay in response. 

If this cancellation was noted on the account the team would be able to backdate the cancellation request if you're able to contact them on 150/0345 454 1111 option 1, option 4 then option 4 or alternatively over the text service on +44753 305 1809.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos