Menu
Kaywiggy
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cancel sim only deal

I’m trying to cancel my sim only deal with my current virgin package. I’ve been on the online chat since 8th August and keep getting moved between customer services and mobile teams. 
I’ve managed to get through via telephone this afternoon after a 2 hour wait to be told I’m now out of the 14 day return period !! 
how can I cancel the sim contact with ease ?

I’ve also asked for the comms data online to be sent to me to show I’ve been trying to sort this out for over a week. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel sim only deal

Do you want to leave and take your number?

Or do you just want to leave and you have a phone with another network?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Coinslot
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have two data sims with Virgin, both contract, but both contracts have expired and I simply wanted to give notice and find a new provider.

I've been trying since March, I tried the pac/stac online and after a month realised Virgin were still taking money so I cancelled the direct debit.

I spent most of April calling to give notice but nobody was answering due to CV19.

In May I tried again, calling, online chat, Twitter and getting absolutely nowhere.

In June, much the same as above, going round and round in circles. On the very rare occasion I got through to someone they still wouldn't let me give notice (I'm out of contract!).

After yet more bills were sent out I tried again and finally on July 6th they let me give notice and sent me conformation. The confirmation had no details about exactly what was cancelled, it turns out they cancelled only one number instead of both numbers.

So August is here and they are claiming I owe them even more money, so back on the merry go round of calls, emails, tweets and still I'm unable to give notice.

Virgin are making it as hard as possible for people to leave so they can keep sending out those bills, putting people in arrears so that they cannot leave and the vicious circle continues to their benefit.

It's immoral and incompetency at its very worse.
0 Kudos
Kaywiggy
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good morning. All I want to do is leave. I have a phone from another network which I’ve decided to stay with. 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kaywiggy

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. My apologies for the delayed reply.

Have you managed to get the account cancelled since posting? If not, please either call us on 789 // 0345 6000 789 or alternatively send us a text on +44753 301 6422 and we'll assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos