Menu
Matranti
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cancel new phone but keep sim

Hi,

Does anyone have any insight to my following issue. I have just taken out a new pay monthly contract which is £12 for the allowances and £41 for the phone (Samsung S20 Ultra). I don't have an issue persay with the phone itself other than after an hour of use it's become apparent that it is nigh on impossible to smoothly move back from iPhone to Android - particularly with whatsapp unless I'm happy to lose several years of chat histories, which I am not.

My question is this - is it possible to cancel the device contract and return the handset within the 14 day period and stay on the sim contract as my number will be transferred across from O2 tomorrow? Then I could pick up a second hand iphone for the time being until the next release of iPhones later this year.

0 Kudos
Hetty_R
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel new phone but keep sim

Hi Matranti, 

A warm welcome to our community forums!

Sorry to hear you've not been able to get on with your new handset. 

We do offer a 14 day cooling off period for this exact reason and you are more than welcome to return it to us providing you've not exceeded the 14 days or caused any accidental damage. 

Have you been able to request this with our mobile team? If not let us know and we will be happy to see what we can do to help on here. 

Many thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos