Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cancel from abroad

• I tried to cancel my UK contract from Canada but cannot get through to anyone on the phone for hours and it is costing me alot of $! I cannot login to my mobile app( no 3G mobile) I also cancelled my direct debit however I am still receiving payment notices.  appalling that Virgin have set up a system that seems impossible to cancel, without a direct phone call. I even tried the chat service an heard NOTHING! Please help my cancel this contract I haven't used in month's!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel from abroad

When our Agreement ends
10.1 Your right to cancel:
You may cancel this Agreement:
(a) by notifying us within 14 days from the date your contract started that you want to end this Agreement without giving any reason;
(b) at any time after that for any reason by giving not less than 30 days’ notice to the Team on 789 from your Virgin Mobile handset or by calling
0345 6000 789*;
(c) by giving not less than 30 days’ notice if we break this Agreement in any material way and do not put it right within 7 days of you asking us to;
(d) if all of the Services are permanently no longer available to you; or
(e) if you do not accept any change that we notify you about in accordance with clause 5.3 and you notify us in accordance with clause 5.4 that you
do not accept such change.
(f) at any time by terminating your services using a STAC code or moving your number to another provider using a PAC code

You can get a STAC in a few ways:  Text 'STAC' and your date of birth (in DD/MM/YYYY format) to 75075 For example: STAC 01/03/1984.

or Sign in to your online account and select Switching to make your request.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Extremely unhelpful reply

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Actually, if it is still possible to get into your online account you could request a STAC from there.

One you have it a family member or a friend in the UK could then  apply it to their account. Nothing happens to them but your Virgin Mobile Account will end.

Did one for a friend recently 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos