Menu
casey58
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cancel Sim only contract

Hi, my mum (83) wants to cancel her sim only contract.

She never created an online account and has no idea what the password she created at the time of signing up is.

She has asked me to sort this out as she isn’t confident with automated answering systems.

Can any Virgin Mobile people help?

I tried using the text service but was told I couldn’t cancel through this system.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel Sim only contract

Hi there @casey58

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that your Mum is having some issues cancelling her contract with us; we'd love to help but we can only book this sort of request directly with the account holder once security has been passed. 

She would need to call us on 789/03456000789 so our dedicated mobile team can chat with her directly and go through security. If she's struggling, you can call for her, but they would need to chat with her to pass security and get permission from her to chat to you. 

Hope you managed to get things sorted - please do keep us posted. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
casey58
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

thanks for coming back to me. My parents visited this afternoon and we called the number and after a long and tortuous phone call we managed to cancel her contract.

The problem was she couldn’t remember any of the details of her contract but the person on the other end of the line stuck strictly to the script and kept asking the same questions, hence it took a very long and frustrating call to sort things out.

After the call I told my dad, who also has a contract with Virgin Mobile, that he has to keep his forever! 😀

Virgin, and no doubt many other companies, need to make allowances for people who have no idea about technology and all of it’s complexities. As the proportion of older people in the population increases this will become more common, maybe your call centre staff need to have additional training to help some elderly people.

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @casey58 

Thank you so much for updating us! I'm so glad to see your Mum was able to cancel her contract but I am so sorry to hear it was such a difficult experience for her. 

You are absolutely correct and we do ask our staff to be as open and inclusive to our customers individual needs as possible, but sometimes the questions and process can be difficult for some people to navigate. I will absolutely be feeding this experience back as I think it is an incredibly valid and important point well made. 

Thank you so much for updating us again and please don't hesitate to pop back should you need any further assistance at all. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos