Menu
Squeaky
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cancel Mobile account

Hi guys

I have two sims on my mobile account, a really old pay as you go sim which has never actually been used, and lost long ago, and a pay monthly sim only deal.

I've requested STAC codes for both, but since they're not being moved to another supplier, i can't see how i get my contract ended and my mobile account closed??

Any help appreciated

Les

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cancel Mobile account

The old PAYG account if it has not been used for some time will no longer be active and the number returned to the pool for reissue, therefore you won't be able to get a STAC.

For the other account the STAC can be applied to any phone on another network, PAYG or Contract. As nothing changes on the account to which it is applied, that phone could be family or friends. (I did one for my daughter)

Other than that you will have to phone to cancel 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Squeaky
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks enlli

The number will never be needed again - family reasons.  Getting through to VM right now is very difficult for obvious reasons, but at this rate they'll have charged me another month before i get through to somebody helpful.

0 Kudos
Squeaky
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've been trying to call and get through to somebody for two weeks without success, and now another month's money has been taken for a sim that is no longer in use, it's an endless loop that i cannot get out of - at this point it is impossible to actually LEAVE!

0 Kudos
Squeaky
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

finally gotten through... and left!

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Squeaky,

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the community forums. If you give the STAC to another provider then it will cancel, but neither a PAC or STAC request is alone enough to close an account if you don't intend to transfer or use with another provider. I'll send you a PM to confirm your mobile account details.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ah OK, thanks for the update Squeaky. Glad you were able to get through.