cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use phone Roaming Error code EC:9999

gonzo56
Joining in

I am currently in Croatia and am unable to use my phone. Tried setting in app in UK but only got EC:9999 code, am totally without phone onther than hotel WiFi. Anyone know a fix?

14 REPLIES 14

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @gonzo56 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your phone, I'd be happy to take a closer look into this with you via a Private Message. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Zzzzx
Joining in

I’ve the same problem in Italy, I forgot to turn on roaming while in UK 😬

Hi there @Zzzzx 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your service, I'd be happy to take a look via a Private Message and see what we can arrange. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

gonzo56
Joining in

UPDATE: back home in UK having given up on trying to resolve using hotel WiFi abroad. Still can't switch on Roaming but until I travel back abroad not so much an issue. Seems like the switch over from Virgin to O2 has locked some out of resolving this issue. Thanks to all for help but will need 5o wait until after O2 fully integrated too see if I stick or busy with this contract 

Hi @gonzo56 

Thank you so much for coming back to us and we are so sorry that this issue was not resolved while you were away. 

Please do let us know if you are planning another trip and we will do all we can to help ensure the phone can work. 

Hi,

The website seems to be badly coded, it keeps automatically scrolling back up when I try to reply to your PM. I’ve tried to set Safari to request desktop website and have also installed another browser on my iPhone for this and can’t think of another work around to try now. Any ideas?

I'm so sorry that's not working for you @Zzzzx 

Are you able to try on another device at all? 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Zzzzx If in Italy you will now need a 4G phone with 4G Calling to make calls. This is because 3G has been closed down and without 4G Calling the phone may not drop down all the way to 2G

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Penyenski
Joining in

Hello there!

I have the same issue here in Philippines. Should have been straightforward to switch the roaming, but to no avail. How could I receive text and call now on my UK mobile? Please help! Thank you.