Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can't unlock Nokia 1100 locked to Virgin

I am trying to move from Virgin Media. I have a PAC, but my Nokia 1100 is locked to the Virgin network.

I was on hold to Virgin for around 45 minutes today, and asked them to unlock my 'phone.
My new provider says that they should be able to do this [https://www.giffgaff.com/unlock/virgin-mobile-reviews]

I was given an "unlock code", but the person I spoke to didn't know what I was supposed to do with it. This is the same as the "unlock code" I got with the new SIM in the recent sim swap (which they cancelled in order to give me a PAC). I think it must be a SIM unlock code rather than a network unlock code, but the person I spoke to said it was the correct code for my mobile (based on the IMEI number).

I've also tried codes found online with no luck. I have now entered the wrong code into the 'phone at least 4 times. Each time it says "Code error [animated tick]". It still does not recognise the new provider's SIM, but is still working with my old Virgin SIM (for now).

How do I unlock my phone so I can leave this mess behind and start using my new provider?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't unlock Nokia 1100 locked to Virgin

1.Switch ON your phone without the SIM Card
2. Type the following into the phone # P W + CODE + 7 # ( CODE being the unlocking code ) 

To get letter P press * button quickly 3 times
To get letter W press * button quickly 4 times
To get letter + press * button quickly 2 times

3. The phone will show 'SIM Restriction Off' and will be unlocked.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes, this is literally what I did. I also tried with "+1" at the end as shown on several other posts.

The 'phone did not say "SIM Restriction Off", it said "Code error". The GiffGaff SIM still does not work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I see there was some confusion re the code. I think the unlock for these is 15 digit if that helps.

If the phone permanently locks not much you can do I'm sorry to say 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos