cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send text messages or make phone calls but I can receive them

M00nbeam4
Joining in
  • I can't send text messages - it says 'can't send message with Virgin - error 0'. I also can't make phone calls - it makes 3 beeping sounds then cuts off. I can however receive text messages & phone calls. Everything was working absolutely fine yesterday. I have a Samsung Galaxy A52s 5g mobile phone.
15 REPLIES 15

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @M00nbeam4,

Thank you for your post. 

I am sorry that you have been having issues with your mobile and sending messages, I can see from our systems you have been in touch with our team since your post. What did they advise?

Zoie

She wasn't sure what is causing the issue so they are going to send me a new sim card but I may not receive it for 3-5 days. I'm not so sure the sim card is the issue as everything was working fine yesterday & it's strange that I can receive texts & phone calls but I just cant make any calls or send texts. I was wondering if my settings somewhere may be incorrect or if anyone else was having the same problems. 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply @M00nbeam4

We would need to swap the sim first to see if this is the issue, please let us know if you are still having issues with this after your new sim please pop back.

Zoie

I have had the same issues since yesterday afternoon. I was overseas for 2 weeks where my contracted pack could not be used. I reached out in this community yesterday evening, had a moderator PM me asking for additional information - which I sent to them, and have heard nothing back. Hence me piggybacking on this thread.

I have rebooted my phone several times, paid a due balance (2pm yesterday) and still cannot make calls, use data, or send texts.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Kano995.

Please keep to one thread and do not spam PMs. I can see you are in PM and we are not an instant messaging service. It can take up to 48 hours for a response. I can see the agent you are in the message with the finished shift and she will be back on today and you will have a reply. Please be patient with us and we will help the best we can.

Zoie

My issues started yesterday morning but everything was absolutely fine before then. I still can't send texts or make calls but I can receive them. Seems strange that you also have the same issues which started on the same day. I've rebooted my phone several times too & I've spoken to Virgin where we tried several things but it's still not working so they are sending me a new sim card to see if that solves the problem but I obviously can't use my mobile phone whilst waiting for the new sim card which can take 3-5 days. If you have any luck solving the issue then it would be good to know what the solution is. I have a Samsung a52s 5g mobile phone. 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I know this can be frustrating, but we need to send the SIM to see if this is what is causing the issue. Please let us know how you get on with your SIM and if this resolves the issue, if not pop back here and we can look further into it.

Thanks,

Zoie

Thought I'd give an update re the problems I've had with my mobile phone service since Saturday morning. I heard that there had been a major outtage with Virgin broadband today & that it was fixed after a few hours. Although I don't have any other services from Virgin apart from my mobile phone service I was curious as to whether whatever was done to fix the broadband issues might just have fixed the issue with my mobile phone service (whereby I was unable to send texts or make any calls although I could receive them) - and hey presto my issues were also fixed! I had not done anything to my phone & I hadn't even put in my new sim card as it hadn't arrived at this point so it wasn't anything I had done at my end to solve the issue. Whilst I'm happy I can now use my mobile again it was extremely frustrating to have not been able to use it for more than 3 days & to have spent an hour on the phone to Virgin on Saturday when I was told there were no problems at there end & I would have to wait for them to send me a new sim to see if that resolved the issue. Even though my mobile phone service started working again earlier today, my new sim card then arrived so rather than waste it I thought I may as well use it & everything still seems to be working fine. 

That is very interesting. My Virgin broadband was not working this morning, even after rebooting my modem.

Thanks!