Gareth_L

0 Kudos
RockMobster
Tuning in
Message 12 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't send/receive SMS on WiFi

Hi All,

To those others experiencing this issue, I may have found something that will help.

I installed and a different SMS client (Chomp) on my phone, and SMSs now seem to be received MUCH more predictably. Don't know if this is coincidence or not, but it might be worth a try for those still having trouble.

P.S. My first vaccine appointment was delayed by this fault by the way. I hope no one actually died because of Virgin's inaction on this. I've now had both shots but I had to actively pursue them rather than wait for the SMSs as the government were instructing everyone to do.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 15
Flag for a moderator

We do thank you for popping back with your update @RockMobster - we can only apologise about the issues with your SMS service. This is only impacted when WiFi calling is activated and as mentioned earlier in the thread, it is being investigated. 

Glad that you have since been able to get fully vaccinated. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
RockMobster
Tuning in
Message 14 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@Katie_WT wrote:

This is only impacted when WiFi calling is activated  

But without Wifi calling activated the coverage is so poor in some areas that no SMS messages get through so it's a general problem for some.

@Katie_WT wrote:

it is being investigated.

RockMobster_0-1622630173298.jpeg

I'd guess given the length of time being taken that it's not being given much priority given that in the current climate it could actually have been life-threatening? Not allowed out; can't get SMS at home; vaccination service relies on SMS; govt advice is to wait for SMS and not contact NHS in case it is overwhelmed; lack of vaccination may lead to death. Sounds like it ought to have been important no?

@Katie_WT wrote:

Glad that you have since been able to get fully vaccinated.

Thanks for the kind thought but, and I appreciate that this isn't your fault personally, it was definitely no thanks to Virgin Media in this regard.  

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I assure you that we take these issues very seriously indeed - however, coverage inside a customers own home cannot be guaranteed with any provider.

We promise that this is still being investigated as part of the WiFi calling being active on the handset

Thank you

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos