Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can't send messages or call to UK from Turkey

I am staying in turkey and need to use my virgin phone for managin my businesses conversations and banking calls. However I couldn't find a way to use my virgin mobile for calling and texting to UK. I can recieve calls and text but I am not able to send. All essential settings done from phone and sim..whatever needs to be done..I can call virgin mobile help line anyway...please help..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can't send messages or call to UK from Turkey

Hi,

have you tried turning your data roaming? Here is more info on virgin media website hope this helps:

Virgin data roaming 

Amran

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes I tried all possible settings written on your website, roaming on, selected manual..even tried to change to 3g which pointed by someone had same problem with me..didn't work out.

I tried to call directly but waited long minutes in the phone plus not sure how much I was charged..

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning ceyhunt,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Can you please advise me if you have a spend cap on your account? Do you know if you've also blocked premium calls and texts? 

As Turkey is outside the EU you will incur charges for making calls, sending texts and using data whilst connected to their masts

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi David 

Yes I had a spending cap and after it was disabled, my problem has been solved..thanks very much..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Really glad to hear that, thanks for keeping us posted ceyhunt it's appreciated.

Please let us know if there's anything else we may be able to assist with from here.

Tom 

0 Kudos