cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't ring US number from my UK mobile

NickyJones
Tuning in

Hi All,

I've been trying to ring some landline numbers in the US (I'm aware of the charges) but I keep getting a message saying ' Sorry, the number you have called is not available' or 'sorry, there is no reply'. I've checked with someone's landline and they are able to get through. 

Within the My Virgin Media App I've disabled the Premium call barring and international call barring but I still can't get through.

I've been calling the numbers in the correct format too ( 00 1 area-code 7-digit-number).

Does anyone know why I'm getting these error messages or is it likely that these numbers have blocked overseas mobile numbers?

Thanks in advance, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is your spending cap high enough to accommodate the charges?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is your spending cap high enough to accommodate the charges?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

That works, Thanks

Hi NickyJones, thanks for the message. I am sorry to hear that you were having issues with making calls to the US, and it does sound like this was to do with the spending cap, can you confirm if this is now increase and you are able to make the calls? Please let us know. Chris