cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't register on network

Swisstony
Tuning in

Had some issues about a month ago, where my mobile dropped off the network - two days before I was due to go on holiday. Called support and spent ages on the phone, trying different settings, swapping sims in other phones and all that stuff. Got to the stage where we were arranging sending phone back for repair - but the support girl said there was network issue and couldn't process the repair while this issue was active.

So I put my sim in an old phone(where it worked ok) and went on holiday. I came back, put my SIM back in the original phone, and it began to work. So great! Surprised - but chuffed.

I was due to fly off again a week later for another trip. So phone was working fine. Flew out last Monday - was working Tuesday. By Wednesday it had stopped working again - wouldn't connect to a network.

Came home tonight. Tried to connect again - still not connecting to network.

Played about with various settings Have tried the Viirgin SIM in my son's phone - works ok. His Vodafone SIM doesn't work in my phone though - "Can't register on network"

How do I go about getting this sorted?

1 REPLY 1

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Swisstony,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you've been having some returning issues with your mobile services. If your SIM card works in another handset but it and other SIM cards are having problems when inserted into your handset then it certainly sounds like the problem lies with the handset itself.

If you click here you'll head to a page on our site where you can go through some diagnostics to help alleviate the issue. If those diagnostics don't help then you can also use that same online tool to book your handset in for repair.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!