Menu
Maddie22
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can’t register for an account.

I can’t register for an account. Every time I try to register then it tells me I need a security answer but I have never set up a security answer or question. When I click on forgot security answer then it tells me to call but the call centres are not open due to COVID19. I have seen other people having the same problem and their reply’s were saying that the answer is the an answer that you gave them on the phone. But I didn’t ever speak to anyone on the phone. I just brought the phone and sim on the online chat. I am getting very frustrated now as I keep going in circles. I need to register for an account so I can give in my STAC code. 

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can’t register for an account.

Hi there Maddie22 

Welcome to the community. Thank you for your post. 

Sorry to hear that you've been having issues with registering for your online account. That is correct that you would need the same security word that you use when calling in. If this hasn't been set up yet please call the team on 789 / 03456000789 and the team will be able to run through additional security so that you can then set that memorable word. Once that is set up you'll be able to use the same word for registering your online account. 

The team are very busy at the moment so there may be a wait time where you will be placed on hold. The team will do all they can to get to your call ASAP. 

If you have any issues or need further help please pop back. 

Thanks, 

Hollie_B

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
andysouza1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same issue. I can’t set up an online account as it says I need to answer a security question that I never set up. I have had my mobile number since at least since 2005/2006. I never set up a security question. I had updated the pay as you go information to my current details at some point after 2007. I have called several times 789 and they say I don’t pass  the security question and hangs up. They don’t try to ask other questions for verification, which makes me think I actually never did set up a security question as my number is a pay as you go virgin number for close to 15 years. As you are now updating sims, and I have a really old Nokia 3410, I thought I would register for online account and cannot. I need some help how to resolve this. Thank you. 
Regards

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @andysouza1 

Thanks for your post. Really sorry to hear you've been having issues with registering for an account. Just to clarify - when you call up and we ask for the memorable word are you meaning that was never set? When registering for an online account it would want the telephone memorable word, so if it wasn't set up we will be able to do that here. 

Have you since been able to register? Let me know and if not we can take a look in to this from here 🙂 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
andysouza1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hollie,

Thank you for your response. When I call 789, and they ask me for the memorable word, I don’t remember doing that. I don’t remember having done this. When I ask for another way to verify, they say no and hang up. So, I cannot rest it if I did set one up so long ago we are talking 15 years, and I think in 15 years I only spoken to Virgin twice. I really don’t know how to resolve this. 
Regards,

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI andysouza1, thanks for the message, we are sorry to hear that you have been having issues with the set up of the online account and they delayed response. Have you now managed to get the memorable word changed and the account set up? Do you still require assistance with this? Chris 

0 Kudos