Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can't register account - password does not follow rules error

Hi, I'm trying to register my new account. Despite my password meeting the rules and getting green ticks, I am getting the error 'Please double check your password follows the rules. Please try again.' I have tried different browsers, and even tried with different length passwords (8, 9 and 10 character variations), all the same behaviour.

It seems this is a regular issue, so please can someone from the Forum Team help me please?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't register account - password does not follow rules error

Hi albino,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting. 

I have found a thread with a similar issue to your that should be useful. 

You can visit the page by visiting here

Please let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Natalie.

Thanks for the reply, but the linked post didn't directly help, though it did give me a clue, as @Dave_cq advised the password should 'Not contain 3 numbers in a row'. In the various passwords I was trying, I either had a letter or a number repeated, and when I removed that the password accepted and I could register.

I then decided to change the password to something I was more likely to remember, again using a letter or a number repeated, as I wondered if it was just the initial registration that had the problem. I then got a new more helpful warning than I was getting at initial registration:
The password you enter is case-sensitive, must start with a letter, contain 8-10 characters using letters and numbers only and not include consecutive characters such as AA or 11. It's got to be different to your last one too.

The detail about not including consecutive characters is not mentioned anywhere else! Please can you get the initial registration and change password requirements updated?
Change password reqsChange password reqs

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi albino,

It's great to hear that you were eventually able to register your online account.

Apologies for the confusion caused with the consecutive character requirement. I'll ensure that this is fed back to the team so it can be looked at.

All the best,

Beth

0 Kudos