cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t receive texts or calls

Jojeffries
Tuning in

Since porting my number from EE to Virgin Mobile I’ve been unable to receive calls or texts from other networks. 
It’s been 2 months now. I’ve made several calls to Virgin and they changed the SIM card but still a problem. 
I’ve checked my settings are the same as my husband who is also on Virgin mobile  

Thinking about switching back to EE if not resolved as it’s been about 2 months now, but thought I’d try here first. . 

Can anyone help please. 

20 REPLIES 20

Koda
Up to speed

If you try to port your number back to EE, or anywhere else for that matter, you will lose your number.

It sounds like you have a split port. Meaning that the records have been lost or corrupted somewhere between EE and Virgin Mobile. These need to be sent again to correct the issue to make your number work correctly again, or to be able to leave for another network again without causing irreversible loss.

At two months now, it will be harder to sort out but hopefully not impossible. You can try asking EE but I suspect they will likely direct you straight back to Virgin as you are no longer their customer. So it will be a case of calling customer service on 789 and reporting the split port and having it escalated to the relevant team to try and take care of things in the background. 

Thanks will try that

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jojeffries,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having problems with your services since porting across to us from EE. Are these issues happening everywhere you go, or just in certain areas?

Have you spoke with the team about this at all since your posts? If so, what have they advised?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi thanks for the reply, yes it’s happening everywhere I go. I’ve spoken to the Virgin mobile team again and told them what was said about the split port. They yet again went through different setting options with me and said what they said last time, that it was my phone and I need to buy a new phone, however, I have tried it in a different phone and it still doesn’t work.

I  read out the advice, that was given above, and asked why they couldn’t escalate it as a split port, and she said next steps say she has to send me a new Sim card. 

So going round in circles as I’ve already had a new Sim card sent to me which doesn’t work

Also, I meant to say that my husband can call me and text me. However, he is also on virgin mobile but I’m not sure whether it’s because he’s on virgin mobile or the same Wi-Fi

Thanks for coming back to us Jojeffries, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

"Also, I meant to say that my husband can call me and text me. However, he is also on virgin mobile but I’m not sure whether it’s because he’s on virgin mobile or the same Wi-Fi"

Precisely that. Virgin Mobile know the port has taken place. All other Virgin Mobile customers will be able to reach you. But due to the split port and the records being lost somewhere in the process - No other networks know this. So their call still attempts to route to EE's systems, except no such account exists over there for your number anymore so the calls and texts just get dumped into a black hole. 

Hence my warning about trying to port again. Virgin only have partial or corrupt records for your number. And this is what will be passed on to the next network. So then you'll only be contactable by that network. And once you've left Virgin, EE won't know you've left and have nowhere else to send your records to and all is essentially lost forever. 

It's disappointing that they are still trying to tell you that it's your phone or your SIM. It's a textbook example of a split port. And all networks have the resources to fix that if it happens. I keep my fingers crossed that they're able to finally sort it out for you!

Thanks for confirming your details Jojeffries, I have now refreshed your network profile. Please can you see if that has made any difference to the issues.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks. Still not working.